Friday 27 February 2015

I'm a Sock Virgin

I don't know why but for the longest time I have always considered knitting socks as something that is way beyond my skill level.
I have knit in the round many times and I have knit lots of stuff on DPN's but never socks, why?
Well no more, I'm gonna be a big brave girl and give them a go.  
I found this Two Needle Sock pattern in one of my books (Simple Knitting by Erika Knight) which was a gift from a dear friend:
 Socks for cheats!  Socks knitted flat and seamed up the back.  I have spoken to ladies who have made these and I am assured that you can't feel the seam. I've got the wool in my stash and I'm going in.
If I end up with a functioning pair of socks I will be sure to be back to shout it from the rooftops!
So far so good.

In anticipation of the fact that I will nail my sock making phobia; I've bought a couple of skeins of gorgeous sock wool for my next adventure.

Back Soon 
(with socks hopefully)
Lisa x

2 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Well done you! I have never completed a pair of socks though I have tried once or twice. Have a couple of half finished odd socks to show for it. Hope you succeed and enjoy wearing them. I might just try and finish mine..one day!

Sandies' Patch said...

Would love to have a go at this sock pattern, it's the seams I have problems with when wearing and have to wear bought socks inside out as the seams rub my toes sore. Being a diabetic too I have to be very careful with my feet.
Looking forward to seeing your socks completed.